Friday, April 22, 2011

Rainy Day Blues

It sucks to get a rejection letter, but at least I got one. Most of the time I feel like I'm on a deserted island throwing a message in a bottle into the ocean and waiting. I know that's not how you're supposed to apply for work these days, but I'm a bit old-fashioned.

Today I got a rejection note for a job I didn't really want, but I thought I'd at least get an interview for. It's my past job, just at different government organization. Apparently, I'm qualified, but not qualified enough to be referred to the selecting individual, for a job that I did for my government organization. That one really was a blow. But I've never really suceeded in getting an interview at this government organization. I should take it as a sign, but I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

No comments: