Monday, June 1, 2009

Everything But The Kitchen Sink Frittata

I'm headed out of town for a long weekend away and needed to use the veggies (farmer's market squash, broccoli and mushrooms) before they spoil. I also head 6 eggs and some bleu cheese, so I made a frittata. I sauteed some onions and garlic, added the mushrooms and chopped up squash and stirred for about 3-4 mins. Added salt and pepper and then the broccoli with a little water so it would steam a bit. All that got put in my pie dish (which I use for everything else but making pies) with some chunks of bleu cheese and covered with some slightly mixed eggs. In my year of veggies, this has been a standard go-to meal for me and I'm really enjoying the variety of vegetables and cheese I can use. So, to sum up, I had a lovely, light dinner which was good post run and swim, as well as having enough leftover for lunch for the next two days!

No comments: