Monday, July 5, 2010

Blue Hill at Stone Barn

Despite all my farm to table reading and trips to the farmers market, I've not been to a farm (I don't think the story I did re: drought in upstate NY counts). I finally made it to Blue Hill at Stone Barn. It is a beautiful site just across the Tappen Zee Bridge. I went with my Mom and we had a nice time looking at the grounds, the greenhouses and the animals (pigs, lamb/sheep/ and cows).



It actually would be a fun place to take young kids because, in some ways, it's like a petting zoo where the kids can interact with the animals. As you can see, a lot of parents had that idea. There was a stroller parking lot outside one of the barns! I didn't get to take the official tour, though, which I kind of regret.



But, I did stand on line for close to an hour to get some of the food at Stone Barn. I had some salads, which were really tasty, and a carrot soup, which wasn't.

No comments: