Monday, October 17, 2011

Pizza and Pumpkins...The Best Way to Recover!

After running the Baltimore Half Marathon with MLR (formerly MLJ), I went back down to Virginia and stayed overnight. This was the first time I'd been to ML and P's house, which is really cute. They've been doing work on the house, and it's paying off in my opinion. When I seen nice kitchen's like theirs and backyards, I always wish I owned my own place.

Anyway, since ML and I had run, P made dinner. Pizza! The best type of food for after a race. And he made all of it, including the whole wheat dough!

He made a pepperoni pizza and then a supreme.


He may not have tossed the dough in the air, but it made for a great base for some tasty pizzas. I get hungry just thinking about it: Pizza and good red wine!

I was a horrible dinner guest, though, I had to do work. I kept checking my emails and updating stories. I felt very bad. But I tried to make up for it by going for ice cream, or I should say this great frozen custard place near their house. Frozen Dairy appears to have been around (at different locations) for over 60 years. It was great!

Unfortunately, I couldn't stay up too late. The race and then the extra three miles kind of zapped me. I fell asleep on the ride back from Baltimore (but me in car usually means I'll fall asleep). I was out by 10:30 p.m.

P had garden in the backyard. Aside from tomatoes and peppers, he grew pumpkins. They were really cute!

Anyway, I don't think it was the inspiration for breakfast, but it makes a good segway. After a great night's sleep, albeit plagued by dreams (or nightmares, really) of work, we had pumpkin pancakes for breakfast! And ML even made a pumpkin shaped pancake -- granted by accident, but it went with the theme.

Despite having to work, it was a great weekend with running, great food and even better company.

No comments: