Saturday, October 18, 2008

Biking Hell



This Saturday I went to the Shenandoah Fall Foliage Bike Festival in Staunton, VA, birthplace of Woodrow Wilson. I went on a 34.4 mile bike ride -- which was described as gently rolling hills. I feel like Charlie Brown and Lucy with the football. I stupidly believe that the hills really a gently rolling -- to me that means not very steep and not that many. The course was hilly -- steep hills or long low grade hills. The last 5 miles, I pretty much had to walk up all the hills because me legs couldn't take any more! Still, the scenery was beautiful. Incidently, what the photo doesn't show it the 50 foot dip between the two hill tops or the wind that seemed to kick up every time I had to go uphill. It was freezing. Next time, I'm going to bring gloves.

Staunton, VA did have a very cool drive-in -- Wright's Dairy-rite. It was very 1950s with curbside service. Loved it and had a very nice chocolate shake to boot.



YUMMY!

No comments: