Thursday, October 16, 2008

Running, Running and More Running

The last weekend of September I went up to the Hamptons with Michelle and Michelle for the Hamptons Half Marathon. We rented a cute little cottage in Sag Harbor and drove around the different Hamptons (west, south and east). Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate. It poured the morning of the run! Still, a-running I went. It wasn't too bad -- there were moments where the rain stopped. But towards the end, I noticed some white stuff on the knee of my running pants. It was curious because I hadn't gone through any fields of white fluffy stuff -- turns out it was suds! I think when I do my laundry, rinsing twice might be a good thing. Still finishing was fun -- and I still managed it in under 2:30. And afterwards I celebrated with some good seafood -- the best fish I'd had at a place called Cherrystone's, beer, wine and chocolate. Let's face it, that's why I run.

I have another race this weekend. It's a virtual half, but I haven't been training as much as I should be. I'm beginning to get tired of all the running. Cross-training is something I really need to start doing.

No comments: