Sunday, October 19, 2008

How far will I run for a Tiffany's Keychain?

The answer is: 13.1 miles -- or actually 14.12, as was the case this morning. I did the Virtual San Francisco Half Marathon -- basically you run a half marathon anywhere and record it with the Nike Plus band. For your troubles, you get a finisher's shirt and Tiffany keychain (via the mail). Using my Nike Plus, I ran 14.12 miles. I wasn't sure if the Nike Plus was accurately recording the distance (yes, I have a weird distrust of using technology while I run). Lately, it's been saying a run faster than I think I actually am, so I padded the run, just in case. Turns out time wise it was typically what I run for a half -- actually a little more. Starting at the apartment, I ran past the National Cathedral, down Mass Ave to R street, took R to 16th Street, made a right and ran to the White House where I made a left to 15th and then down to the mall which I lapped almost 2 times and then ran to 13th and F where I caught the metro back home. It wasn't too bad, all in all. I logged my run on the website. It's been a fairly active weekend. Now I only have the San Antonio Half and a barnburner run. But first, pumpkin soup!

No comments: