Friday, February 3, 2012

Cupcakes in Seoul

One of the things I enjoy about Seoul are the food courts located in the department stores. Think more Harrods than the food court in a mall. Anyway, I needed a break and there were some cupcake stands so I decided to try a couple.

One was a chocolate mint cupcake, the other was banana.

One thing I've noticed right off the bat is that the sweets in Seoul are not as sweet as in the states. I think that's typical, but the cupcakes were not overly sweet.

The chocolate mint was okay. I wanted to like it more than I did. The cake was a little dry, but not too sweet. I really did like the frosting. It was smooth.

The best thing, though, about this cupcake was the name!


It gives a girl ideas. If nothing else, I knew it was my cupcake. I had wanted to ask for some stickers, but I didn't. Besides, my Korean probably wouldn't have been good enough for it.

Anyway, the banana cupcake was more moist, which was welcome after the mint chocolate cupcake. Again, nice job on the frosting. Not too sweet, smooth, and good banana flavor.



I didn't understand why it had mini-marshmellows on top, though. I understand the need for garnish, but it should have something to do with the flavor, right?


No comments: