Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Filling Station Doesn't Fall Short

As most people who know me or have read this or the running blog, I love burgers. I would go out of my way for a great burger place. And I did over the holidays - not much, but it was a drive.

My cousin, BC, had mentioned that he'd found this great burger place by his house called The Filing Station. So, when I was home over the holidays, I thought I'd try it out. I can see why this would be a great place in the summer. It's really about outdoor seating, since it's like an old curbside shack you would have found in the 1950s. For the winter, they did provide "indoor seating" but it was basically a nice, wooden tent over the shack. It was cute.

Anyway, I ordered a burger and a side of fries. What I really enjoyed about this place was they offered dipping sauces - truffle aioli, spicy ketchup, ancho chile mayo, tartar sauce, blue cheese dip and spicy honey mustard. The chef/order taker recommended the truffle aioli, so I got that.


Out came the burger, fries and dipping sauce. The fries were good, but the dipping sauce made them great! It was so flavorful and tasty. And you didn't need a lot of it. I had dipping sauce left over. As for the burger. It was also really good. It was the meat - I think it had a lot of flavor to it. The burger was also cooked to order. So I asked for medium and it came out medium. All in all, it was worth the drive to Palisades.

I went back with BC, CC and TK, on New Year's Day. I got one of the names burgers - the Texaco. It was good, but not as spicy as I would have thought. I also got the ancho chili mayo this time around. Also, quite yummy, although not as rich as the truffle aioli. But I think the Fill'r up burger will be my standard when I go back. And yes, I will go back! If only to get a beer with my burger next time around. They had a nice selection of New York State microbrews.


1 comment: