Monday, April 6, 2009

Cherry Blossoms!

It is officially spring, as far as I'm concerned. The Cherry Blossoms in DC are in bloom --actually a lot of the trees are in bloom -- and Sunday, 5 April, I noticed green - that bright, young, pea green on the trees! Where did I notice this? Well on my 10 mile run, as part of the Cherry Blossom 10-miler. I had a PR of 1:44:09! It helps that the course was flat for the most part. Definately not as hilly as last year's Baltimore 10-miler (although the post-race activities in Baltimore was better than Cherry Blossom). I ran most of the race with my running buddy SM.

But all this spring-thinking started creeping up on me earlier than the run. The Farmer's market during the winter had beautiful squash, eggs and meat (too bad I'm not eating the latter). Now, I'm seeing much more green and many more veggies! It should be a fun spring/summer of cooking and eating!

No comments: