Saturday, April 18, 2009

Comfort Food

This has been my first week back on a normal work schedule. While I only ran twice (and short runs at that) I did get out and do things I normally wouldn't have been able to. For example, I saw Flight of The Conchords in concert with M, J, and M. It was a lot of fun. They did a lot of songs from the second season. And Jemaine is very funny. But I've always been in awe of people who can come up with quick come backs off the fly. It's a talent that I lack. "Mel" aka Kristen Schaal opened for them and she was hilarious. She did these skits, such as pretending to be a mattress and telling the mattress's life story that still make me laugh just thinking about it.

I also went to a cooking class at Zola Wine and Kitchen. I've taken a pie class and a cake decorating class there in the past. This time it was fish -- how to buy, store, and cook. I learned how to filet a fish and different methods to cook it, including how to do a salt crust. The salt crusted fish tasted sooooooo good.

In between all this, I've been looking for a new place to live. It's quite exhausting. So, I needed some comfort food this week. For me, this means going back to my Asian roots. There was this place in London that I use to go to all the time called Wagamama's -- noodles any way you can think of. The Japanese market - Hana - on U street just happened to have my favorite brand of ramen -- yes, I have a favorite -- it is the one I grew up with. So ramen stir-fry with veggies and tofu it was. (Granted the tofu was not something I would have eaten as a kid, but I have matured -- supposedly.)

No comments: