Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Texas Flashback Part 2: Return of the Meat

I downloaded the rest of my Austin, TX trip with JC and BC. Aside from some really good BBQ and crepes, my food-filled trip covered everything from cupcakes to grass-fed beef burgers. The highlights of the trip was Hut's Hamburgers. It's in downtown Austin and as BC explained it to me it was one of the few places that sells grass-fed beef in Austin. That's what he got. I got a buffalo chili burger and J got the veggie chili. BC has given up french fries -- he's did this long before I ever met him, and I have to say it impresses me. But since I didn't give up fries, we got one order plus an order of onion rings - the thickest cuts I've ever seen.

After Hut's we went to Whole Foods and wandered around. The one in TX has several food options including a chocolate fountain and a walk-in beer cooler. I love this place. They also had some funny cupcakes, considering it was a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving.

The cupcakes might have been funny, but I did not taste them. Instead we got cupcakes from hey cupcake! which is based out of an airstream trailer. They looked great and tasted even better and it made an excellent post-half marathon treat.


Lastly, no trip to Austin would be complete without a meal at Kirby Lane, BC's favorite Austin eatery. Every time J and B have taken me there, the food has been good and filling. My breakfast before my flight out was no different.

No comments: