Monday, July 20, 2009

Threadless Cake

I've started my entry for the Threadless Cake Contest. I thought it would be fun to do. I had a great idea for the "When I Was 5, My Career Choices Were More Interesting" but I lack the skill the execute it. Maybe in a couple of years. The T-shirt design that has inspired my cake is "The Day of Reckoning."



On Day 1 (yesterday), I made the cookie dough. I'm making the trees out of cookies and will decorate them with green store bought icing.



I wrapped it and let it sit overnight.



On Day 2 (today), I rolled out the dough and made the tree shapes free hand. I also made little cookie axes!




Then I made a 1-2-3-4 cake and flavored it orange with some zest and 2 Tablespoons of orange juice. It was actually really good.





The cakes have been wrapped and are in the frig awaiting Day 3: cake assembly and decoration!

No comments: