Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fresh From The Backyard

I haven't spent a weekend in DC for awhile. That included the weekend before I went to Morocco. I visited LG nee LR and her husband KG. They live in southern Virginia and every year we meet up somewhere in the middle to go hiking. This time I went a little further south and stayed with them in Lynchburg, VA. The hike we did was CrabTree Falls, VA's prettiest set of waterfalls. It was a nice hike with a lot of elevation -- good practice for Peru!

But the best part of the visit was going back the LG and KG's home. They have a great garden and we picked tomatoes, bell peppers, herbs and BBQ'd. It was a great feast!








LG sent me home with some of her herbs -- basil and mint -- which I made great use of!

I wish I had a yard. Hopefully my window sill garden will suffice.

No comments: