Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sandwiches

I read the cookbook 'wichcraft: Craft a sandwich into a meal--and a meal into a sandwich by Tom Colicchio and with Sisha Ortuzar. It was good and put me in a sandwich phase. They had some nice veggie selections, but also helped inspire me -- mainly with different cheeses and veggies I might not have otherwise thought of -- like celery and avocado. I went through tomato and goat cheese, tomato and Havarti. I did smoked salmon with cucumbers and an avocado spread. I used brioche and multi grain and even plain whole wheat. My favorite was from the book though. It was a take on french onion soup, but in sandwich form. I sauteed some onions with garlic and butter, but them on whole wheat bread with Gruyere cheese and then grilled the sandwich. It was really good --- all 4 times I made it!



Now I'm off to the triathlon! My goal: to finish.

No comments: